The Pre-K program utilizes the Abeka curriculum. This curriculum is designed to enrigh the children in a wide variety of areas to prepare children for Kindergarten. These areas include:
- Letter stories that reinforce phonics skills
- Numbers counting 1-100, recognize and write 1-20
- Language Enrichment Units
- Character Development
- Art Activities
- Bible Stories and Memory Verses
In the afternoons "Discovery Time" is offered. During Discovery Time the children are free to play in developmentally appropriate play to reinforce life skills and future learning.
- Story Corner- Basic literacy concepts like reading left to right and what letter and words are.
- Puzzles and fine motor play- concentration, hand-eye coordination, problem solving skills
- Sand and Water Table- Science concepts, cause and effect
- Art- fine motor, hand eye coordination, language, and self expression
- Blocks- Basic math concepts, shapes, counting, comparing and contrasting sizes, helpful in geometry and physics later on
- Indoor/Outdoor Play- movement, balance, coordination, Gross Motor, Muscle Development and cooperation